Vets THRIVE Foundation
Location & Hours
Our Mission is to provide lifestyle transition support through practical, creative and holistic experiences for veterans and their families.
Why we are passionate about this mission:
Veteran’s transition and are fundamentally given two pathways: corporate or skilled trades. The idea is that they and their families have had an experience in the military and now they have skills that can translate to the civilian workforce, so go forth and do that.
However, there is more than a job at stake.
When we leave the military, when we try to interact with the civilian world, we are dealing with an entirely different lifestyle. We are confronted with questions about what we want and how we want it to look and we have been ill equipped to address those for a variety of reasons: background, family history, PTSD acquired as part of time in service, absence of a bigger vision in life, and a feeling of being set adrift as our ties to the military unravel.
The preparation for and process itself of separating from the military do not address the diverse lifestyle changes and associated issues and challenges that can arise and little opportunity is given to the bigger lifestyle that service members and their families need to create as they deal with their issues of PTSD, finding their new identity and place in life.
We want to see service members and their families not just survive and live life, but to thrive as they create this next chapter of their lives.
Experiences we provide:
• Classes: Courses geared toward self and group learning and connection experience to encourage healing, creation of a life vision and action plan to achieve it. Partnered with a range of local resources to offer a full spectrum of creative experiences. Skills Building for a balanced life experience and translation of skills gained during time in service to the civilian equivalent.
• Open Studio Time: Studio will be open during set times for participants to work on projects at will.
• Resident Artist: Rotating resident artist participants to be an active part of the community while they hone their creative and vocation skills.
• Retreats: Focused on family cohesion, skill building, trauma treatment, processing PTSD through art, life purpose and career path, creative pursuit such as writing, painting, connections with nature and more.
• Holistic Services: Creative partnerships with a range of providers to offer packaged services in the areas such as: coaching, guidance, health, career, meditation, yoga and other holistic services.
• Community Based Events: These events are designed to bring the community together to foster relationships that encourage integration, support, compassion and cohesiveness.
• Veterans Gallery: Space dedicated for Art shows, exhibits and receptions and consignment of artwork for sale.
• Resource Center: Space for information and retail for creative, holistic supplies and veteran made items.
• Outreach: Build bridges with agencies currently managing active duty, reserve/national guard and veterans.
• Online Services: Create an online information portal with access to a range of information and services.
THRIVE Foundation is an aspiring 501.3(c) organization under formation by Jennifer Murphy and Rebecca Wirfs. Jennifer is a Life Coach, Integrative Practitioner, Inspiration Instructor, Glass Artist, MBA, Military and Corporate Veteran, Continuing Education Instructor, Speaker and is working on her book "The Art of Living Dangerously" now. Rebecca is an Artist, Owner of heArt Seeds Healing and Creative Expression Studio, creative expression coach, Intuitive Expression Instructor and holistic energy practitioner.