PHX Planning and Development: Long Range Planning for the Future
Location & Hours
The city of Phoenix Planning & Development Department and Planning Commission will host a series of public hearings to solicit feedback on the draft General Plan. The General Plan provides policy guidance on the growth and redevelopment of the city and was last updated in 2002.
The Planning Commission public hearings are the culmination of a planning effort that began in August 2012 when Planning & Development, with the leadership of the Mayor and the Phoenix City Council, initiated the update of the General Plan and branded the project as PlanPHX.
The draft General Plan has been reviewed by all of the city’s 15 village planning committees and the city recently hosted the PlanPHX Summit at Phoenix City Hall on Nov. 15, where more than 300 attendees provided feedback to staff, city management and City Council on the draft General Plan.
The schedule for the Planning Commission’s public hearings is as follows:
– 6 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 4, at Maryvale Community Center, 4420 N. 51st Ave.
– 6 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 9, Phoenix City Council Chambers, 200 W. Jefferson St. (regularly scheduled meeting)
– 6 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 11, at Gateway Community College, 108 N. 40th St.
– 10 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 13, at South Mountain Community Library, 7050 S. 24th St.
– 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 13, at Goelet A.C. Beuf Community Center, 3435 W. Pinnacle Peak Road
Feedback from the public hearings will be incorporated into the draft PlanPHX General Plan for review and final approval by the City Council.
For more information on the PlanPHX General Plan Update, contact Joshua Bednarek at 602-262-6823 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.