Nazareth Academy High School
Nazareth Academy High School was founded in 1928 by Mother M. Idalia of the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth to further the intellectual and spiritual education of young Christian women. She sought to create an environment to foster "a living faith to teach the message of Christ, to build community and to serve humankind." The building was used in 1928 as a novitiate, provincial house and school. The facilities of the academy were expanded after the novitiate of the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth was moved from the original Middleton house. A gymnasium/cafeteria was built in 1954. Since our humble beginnings, Nazareth has sent more than 7,000 graduates through its doors and into the community with the support of a fine education. Over the past 79 years, Nazareth has expanded clubs, activities, curriculum and technology to serve the growing student population and provide greater opportunity for achievement both in and out of the classroom. Today, Nazareth is a Catholic, private college preparatory school and is fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and approved by the Department of Education.