Go Local Flathead
Location & Hours
Go Local Flathead is a complimentary guide to the unique and diverse locally owned businesses that help make this valley the “Last Best Place.” Each issue provides an insider’s perspective about the small businesses who define the character and spirit of the Flathead.
Distributed countywide twice a year, the guide features local shops, restaurants, services, and organizations that make the Flathead such a unique and special place to live. It is produced with the support of numerous volunteers and with the technical and organizing expertise of the staff of Citizens for a Better Flathead, a local nonprofit organization.
By choosing to support locally owned businesses, you help to maintain our community's diversity and distinct character.
Benefits of buying local:
- It keeps dollars in our economy. Spending locally keeps significantly more money within our community. Of every $1.00 spent at a local business, $.45 is reinvested locally! Only $.15 is reinvested from non-local businesses.
- It makes us unique. There's no place like the Flathead! Homegrown businesses are part of what makes us special.
- It creates local jobs. Local businesses are the best at creating higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
- It helps the environment. Buying locally saves transportation fuel. Plus you get products that you know are safe and well made because our neighbors stand behind them.
- It nurtures our community. Studies show that local businesses donate to community causes at more than twice the rate of chains.
- It supports local farms and helps preserve the Flathead Landscape. In the 1950s, we in Montana grew seventy percent of our food. Today, we grow only about thirteen percent of the food we eat.