The Circleville Volunteer Fire Department is centrally located in North Huntingdon Township. The Department was organized in 1947 with Jim Whitehead acting as Chairman. With a membership of 25 the charter was granted on May 19, 1948. The official name being Circleville Volunteer Fire Company and Relief Association of North Huntingdon No. 6. In 1954, a two story building was erected for the purpose of housing equipment and providing a meeting place. In 1972, a new addition to the building was completed and at the time housed a 1961 750 Seagrave Pumper, a 1964 four wheel drive Seagrave High Pressure Pumper, and a 1970 Seagraves Detroit Diesel 1250 gallon Pumper. In 1974 We Purchased The First Ariel Truck In North Huntingdon Twp, A Pierce Hendrickson Snorkel with 85ft Boom.