The CCN specializes in early detection and intervention, in order to help children and parents: Ease Separation Anxiety, Improve Bedtimes, Increase Compliance, Reduce Aggression, Strengthen Relationships, Decrease Tantrums, Identify Emotions, Develop Routines, Increase Positive Reinforcement and Identify Calming Strategies.
At the CCN, we strive to not diagnose young children with mental health disorders.. We are a short-term screening, assessment, education and therapeutic treatment service, specialized for young children and their caregivers. We generally meet with families for 4-5 sessions.
We have provided consultation services since 2009 and have found that the short-term model is largely effective for most of our clients, but are continually assessing to determine if other specialized or long-term services may be helpful. We can also assess your child in different environments, such as at school or childcare.
The CCN has been providing effective services for young children and their caregivers since 2009.
Outcomes include (of those completing services and returning surveys):
• 100% of the parents report that their child’s behavior improved
• 100% of parents agree that they have a better relationship with their child
• 97% of caregivers agree that they now have the tools and resources to manage their child’s behavior
• 97% would strongly recommend our services to their friends and families
What do parents appreciate most about working with the Children’s Consultation Network?
• “I really appreciated the one-on-one time with our therapist – it gave me the opportunity to explain my family’s situation. Also really found it helpful for the CCN to observe in the setting (daycare) where my child was struggling the most.”
• “Having a person who could sit down and help me pinpoint and understand the problems with my son. The kind, clear direction given was not only helpful, but drastically changed our day to day life for the better!”
• “The CCN helped me find ways to help my child without having to use medications. Our therapist spent lots of time listening and being and advocate for my son. Her knowledge, expertise and patience were priceless.”
• “The CCN helped me understand my son’s feelings, what he was thinking and how he was acting as a result of his frustrations.”
• “It was most helpful to get an understanding of where my son should be in his social-emotional development and to learn what we could do to encourage his growth in these skills.”
• “The CCN was able to explain that our child was normal but we also learned ways to make improvements in her behavior.”