- 3 hours ago 24 likes 5 sharesWhen our report highlighted claims that some food brands are ‘cheating’ eastern and central European shoppers with inferior products prompted a huge response: while many were outraged, few were surprised.
- 4 hours ago 133 likes 20 sharesA federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit by the owners of a Minnesota video company, who want the right to refuse to shoot gay wedding videos.
via NBC OUT
- 20 minutes ago 13 likes 2 shares"I can still be found in the stands at Coventry watching the horrors unfold knowing, beyond all doubt, that if I’d been in charge these past 20 years things would be very different."
- 4 hours ago 98 likes 19 sharesThe Montana Supreme Court ordered the state attorney general to rewrite ballot language for an initiative that would require people to use public restrooms and locker rooms designated for their gender at birth.
via NBC OUT
- 2 hours ago 5 likes“Action is the best option in treating the dotard, who, hard of hearing, is uttering only what he wants to say.”
The news that matters this morning.
- 4 hours ago 11 likes 4 shares"The Martian day is 24 hours, 39 minutes, and 35 seconds long, a length of day that doesn’t coincide with the human body’s natural rhythms." (from 2015)
- 4 hours ago 10 likes 3 shares"FetLife lets members discuss issues, explore their desires, and arrange offline events and dates. But Autumn Lokerson and others have long contended that FetLife does an inadequate job of safeguarding its users, and even creates a false sense of safety in the community—primarily, by preventing identification of abusive members." (from 2015)
- 3 hours ago 18 likes 2 sharesMartin McDonagh channels Flannery O'Connor’s humor and sensibility in a film that looks at the absurd world and laughs.
- 1 hour ago 12 likes 2 shares"Trump is no child. He’s 70 years old. And he’s not just any kind of 70-year-old. He’s a white male 70-year-old. A famous one. A rich one. One who’s been rich since the day he was born. He’s a man who’s learned over the course of a long and rich life that he is free to operate without consequence." – Matthew Yglesias
- 4 hours ago 18 likes 1 sharesThe party that six months ago was battling for survival is now preparing for government
- 1 hour ago 8 likes 3 shares"More than anything else, what touch conveys is 'I’m an ally, I’m not a threat.' Touch puts the recipient in a trusting mental state, and anything you can do to encourage the student to trust the teacher is going to make learning better." (from 2015)
- 1 hour ago 5 likes 1 sharesIs this the moment Netflix turned inwards?
- 5 hours ago 9 likesBritish ministers play up a "security surplus" in Brexit talks as if it were a bargaining card
- 1 hour ago 7 likesLackluster demand for Apple's iPhone 8 is a ... good thing?
- 21 minutes ago 5 likesThe Horrors V review: "there’s something really powerful and undeniable about V’s songs that suggests it could provide the most unlikely twist in an unlikely story: the Horrors actually becoming as big as the overheated hype announced they would a decade ago. Whether that happens or not, it’s a triumph."